Extension Educator Positions
Extension Educators may be located on the University of Nebraska–Lincoln (UNL) campus, at the five Research and Extension Centers or in one of the 83 county or multi-county offices throughout the state. Educators have faculty status and are affiliated with academic departments on the UNL campus. Educators are recruited and hired through the UNL Extension Human Resources office. The primary function of Educators is outreach education to Nebraska citizens across the state through research-based programming that reflects needs of the local people and communities.
Basic requirements include a Master's degree in an area related to responsibilities, excellent written and oral communication skills, outstanding teaching skills and experience with computer and information technologies. New graduates are encouraged to apply.
Salary for a new graduate is $43,878. For positions which require experience, the salary is increased accordingly.
When an Extension Educator position becomes available, it is advertised in regional and local newspapers and websites, as well as on the UNL employment website.
Updated: October 11, 2013
Thank you for your interest in employment with UNL Extension. Individuals must submit an online application and attach required documentation by the posted deadline to be considered applicants. The application process for Extension Educators is detailed below.
*** Please note the requisition # for the position before clicking on the link to the UNL employment website.
Extension Educator - 4-H Youth Development — Platte County
Review of applications will begin on 8/15/13. Position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found or search is closed. For a detailed job description, additional preferred qualifications and how to apply, go to http://employment.unl.edu and search for requisition #130146.
Extension Educator - Urban Entomology — Douglas/Sarpy Counties
Review of applications will begin on 11/11/13. Position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found or search is closed. For a detailed job description, additional preferred qualifications and how to apply, go to http://employment.unl.edu and search for requisition #130206.
*** We strongly suggest you print this page before you access the online application site
1. Search for open Extension Educator Positions:
Go to the UNL Employment website at http://employment.unl.edu (opens in new window)
* If you want to search for all available Extension Educator positions, you can search by “Working Title” for Extension Educators.
* If you are interested in a specific job opening and know the requisition number for the position, you can search by “Requisition Number”. ____________ Please note registration # of the position for which you wish to apply. All current open positions are listed on "Extension Educator Positions" page.
2. Complete on-line application:
When you are viewing the position you will see a button at the top of the screen to “Apply for this Posting”. Click on this button and it will pull up the application login screen. Please note:
* Make sure you complete the Faculty/Administrative Information Form and not the online application for staff positions.
* You must apply for each job posting individually.
3. Attach all required documents to your online application:
You must attach all required documentation in order to complete your application
* Cover letter/letter of interest
* Resume/curriculum vitae
* List of three professional references
4. Either attach college transcripts to your online application or send hard copies of your transcripts to:
University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension
313 Agricultural Hall
Lincoln, NE 68583-0705
FAX: (402) 472-9847
If you would like additional information about Extension Educator positions, or if you have any questions, please contact our office at (402) 472-5239 or by e-mail at: email@example.com.
The University of Nebraska is committed to a pluralistic campus community through Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity and is responsive to the needs of dual career couples. We assure reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact Daisy Brayton at (402) 472-5239 for assistance.