Extension Specialist Positions
Extension Specialists are located on the UNL East Campus and at four Research and Extension Centers across the state. Many Extension Specialists have combined appointments with teaching and/or research responsibilities. All Extension Specialists are members of academic departments and are jointly recruited and hired with University of Nebraska–Lincoln Extension, with the academic departments taking the lead. Specialists provide expertise and research-based knowledge for educational programs. Often they deliver programs to Nebraska citizens across the state.
Basic requirements for Specialists include: Ph.D. degree, excellent communication skills and often experience is required.
Starting salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. The discipline market rate is taken into consideration as well.
Please contact appropriate department or center for information on available positions.
College of Agriculture and Natural Resources Academic Units
- Agricultural Economics
- Agricultural Leadership, Education and Communication
- Agronomy & Horticulture
- Animal Science
- Biological Systems Engineering
- Food Science and Technology
- Plant Pathology
- School of Natural Resources
- School of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
College of Education and Human Sciences Academic Departments
- Child, Youth and Family Studies
- Nutrition and Health Sciences
- Textiles, Merchandising & Fashion Design
Research and Extension Centers