Foundations of Extension
Organizational Structure, Function and Relationships
Objective: Understand the breadth of the University of Nebraska system, the role and function of Extension and important relationships among decision makers.
- College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources (CASNR)
- Agricultural Research Divsion (ARD)
- University of Nebraska–Lincoln Extension
- Ag Builders of Nebraska (ABN)
- Ag Forty
- Family, Youth & Community Partners (FYC Partners)
- Nebraska Association of County Extension Boards (NACEB)
- Extension Boards
- 4-H Councils
• Complete Community/Regional Assessment & Inventory (p. 5H in the 21st Century Extension Handbook)
• Identify appropriate forms of communication to be used with these decision makers.
• Develop a plan for contacting decision makers over the next year.
• Identify why it is important to understand the relationship these decision makers have to the Extension system.
• Explore resources in academic departments that could be useful in your Extension work.