Making A Difference
Impact Summary Reports
- 2012 - Year in Review
- Beef Systems
- Learning Child
- Guardianship/Conservator Training Program
- Crops - Youth Programming
- Agricultural Economics
- Cropping Systems Productivity
- Food, Nutrition & Health
- Agriculture Water Management
- Animal Manure Management
- Water Climate Environment - Community
- Business Ventures and Innovation
- ECAP - Entrepreneurial Communities
- ESI and Beyond
- NACO Institute of Excellence
UNL Extension Public Value Statements
Purpose: Public Value statements are designed to help Extension and it advocates define the value of an educational initiative to those who do not directly benefit from that education. The primary purpose of these statements is to secure support for programs that have strong public value.
Internally, the definition of public value can help us identify those activities we do with limited public value. As such, they can have value in the prioritizing of Extension’s work.
Application: These statements should have value to several audiences. Public value statements can be used with:
- Policy makers to build an understanding of why priority tax dollars should be used to support Extension programs.
- Extension boards and other advocates for Extension to help them concisely share the benefits of Extension.
- Nebraska residents to create an understanding of Extension’s value and the importance of public funding for Extension.
Action Team Leaders created the UNL Extension Public Value statements with supporting evidence for use by faculty. These are ready to be used as described above.
A set of draft public value statements are also included. These statements commonly lack the supporting evidence. As such they should not be used with clientele. Faculty are encouraged to share evidence to support these draft public value statements.
If you have suggestions for the public value statement or their supporting evidence, please share with Kathleen Lodl <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Rick Koelsch <email@example.com> , or Sheryl Burbach <firstname.lastname@example.org>.